1990 Escort - Coolant Pressure

Hello,
Was wondering if there was an easy way to test the coolant pressure when the engine was running. I've got some trouble codes on the EGO, high idle around 1500 RPMs, and high temperatures stopped at idle.
I checked the upper radiator hose with the engine running, and it was pretty soft, at least it didn't feel like any coolant was flowing through the hose as I released it.
I'm wondering if the water pump went quietly without taking the timing belt with it, and is just spinning the shaft. The last time the water pump siezed and destroyed the timing belt at about 90k miles. I'm at 146k now.
I drained the radiator and engine a month ago to replace the thermostat, seemed like everything came out, so not suspecting a blockage.
I don't feel like replacing the water pump, timing belt, accessory belts just yet, or the front oil seal for that matter. Would like to know for certain the water pump is gone before I commit to that amount of work.
Thanks, Matt
Pumps pump fluid correct? Remove a heater hose and put the end into a bucket, then run the engine. If the pump is working, fluid will flow.

Correct! I love Usenet... I can't wait to see what happens. Most likely spilt antifreeze on the tarmac, but that's what the speedy dry is for.
Thanks, Matt