1990 Escort fuel problem

The fuel pump is new. We can't get enought fuel in the carb. Also its not the injector. Ran a jumper from the hot to the pump and pump all the fuel you want.
Could the rely be bad. Turn the key and u hear the pump and gas pumps out. 2 seconds later it shuts off and won't turn back on. So what is it? Wiring, computer, rely, fuel shut off. HELP!!!!
Hmmmm 1990 is a bit new for me ('88 is the newest one I have experience with)... It must be throttle body injected... (not carbureted).
I suspect the ignition module isn't sending the signal to the computer that the engine is turning.
I suggest you go to www.batauto.com and check out the trouble code section. You should do a KOEO test, and try to do a KOER (but KOER probably won't work if it won't stay running!)