1990 Ford Probe (Mitsubishi Eclipse) Headlight Assy Repair

The ball joint on the end of the lever that moves the driver side headlight assy up and down popped loose (with 'help' from myself). Looks like it's not broken and will likely pop back in. Problem is I can't figure out how to get enough room to get a tool or hand down in that small space.
I'm trying to get away without having to remove the power steering reservoir, AC tubing, etc. and avoid doing more damage. I tried removing everything on the headlight assy that was screwed down, but still can't get to it.
Anyone ever done this before and know the E-Z way?
Bob