1990 ford taurus

when i put my car in gear it hesitates for a sec or two.what is wrong with it?

easy ur car has Parkensins. if it hesitates for two seconds, put it in gear two seconds earlier!

Check your transmission fluid level. May ALSO be overdue for a fluid change
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Good advice BM of course. However, I fear that poster was trolling for hits after your earlier advice to provide full disclosure on requests for help. And everyone knows those Taurus transmissions are nearly bullet proof anyway. When you only see one posting out there and no previous postings, it means something. It could be that the poster is one of the group and doesn't want to fess up to needing advice or is afraid of being flamed. Or he could be trying to trick us. It could be a troll. There's always that outside chance that a guy was desperate and opened up a new account just for the purpose of addressing this one problem. I just kinda smelled a fish.

Eh... I'm aware. But I always give em the benefit of the doubt.
And everyone does their first post sometime.
I also belong to a soccer MB that uses really old HTML scroll-off software and while you have to register to post, you can stick in any username you want on any post, thus a lot of guys have fun with 'shape- shifting' as the Brit denizens call it...
It only works once or twice till you get the idea to do 'view source' and check their IP's. But I dont usually bother even at that... unless I get a burr up and then I astound 'em by telling them what city they live near and who their ISP is.
you pay..DEAL with it!
By the way, I came up with that 100,000 mile car lifetime number because Clay Ford Jr. quoted it a couple years ago. That's sort of the basis of the 100K emissions warranty too I believe. They can and do go lots longer, but engineering shoots for that mark because they plan on you being out of it by then. I too remember when engine rebuilds were common at 50K and valve jobs even more often. Many two-ply tires would not last 20,000 miles. Newer is better in many ways.