1990 Lincoln Town Car (transmission Trouble!) Can you help?

I have the 1990 Lincoln town car with 94,000 miles, don't know history just got car. Was ok for a couple of weeks, and now only shifts 1,2 checked shift cable ok, drained fluid, replaced screen, fluid seemed
burned. Is there anything I am overlooking?? Need someones advise before bringing into the shop. Thanks Deb
Check the TV cable grommet. It's the pivot point for that cable, and when it goes out, pressure won't develop enough for the trans to shift. See: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/article52.html