1990 Lincoln Towncar

I am writing for my father who owns the above car. Both Driver and passenger power windows do not raise or lower. The motor is working on both sides. Can you provide information to repair this problem? My
father says that access to the compartment is "impossible". Any hints or schematics, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Craig
Stealth1cmdr wrote:

There are 3 nylon pins in the drive end of the motors that shear if the window binds for some reason(lack of lube in the window runs, a persons arm in the way of the glass, etc). Later Town Cars used a cable driven regulator that was somewhat trouble prone, I don't remember if the 90 used it or not. Remove the door trim panel and the vapor barrier. Remove the speaker, In the door shell, there are 3 gimples directly in line eith the boltd holding the motor to the regulator. Drill holes at the dimples with a ~3\8 drill bit. Remove the 3 bolts (5\16" heads) and pull the motor out through the speaker opening or other available opening. The nylon pins are replacable, but at 15 years, I would suggest replacing the motors.
Stealth1cmdr wrote:

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/article5.html