1990 Mercury Grand Marquis - Door Chime won't stop ringing

Talk about having a ringing in your ears! Our 1990 MGM seems to have a short of some kind. The door chime rings constantly unless the key switch is completely off. I have no idea where the short is and for
now, I just want to disconnect the bell/chime (or the fuse leading to it.) So far, I haven't found the correct fuse. Anyone have any ideas?! Stop the ringing!! ;)
~Hannibal

I'll toss it in before everyone else. Liberally spray your door latches with some WD-40 and open/close the doors a few times. Then after a few days of evaporations, lube the latches with some white lithium grease.
I looked un the the dashboard and completely disconnected my chime. If you do that, you have to be disciplined about turning off your headlights or suffer the pain of a dead battery.
============================================On 10 Nov 2006 09:31:37 -0800, "Hannibal"

snipped-for-privacy@aohell.com wrote:

Notice: My lawyer told me to say that the following information is provided for educational purposes only. In the interest of safety, I do not endorse it's implementation. :-)
One way to disable a vehicle's warning chime without affecting the intended functions of that circuit is to disconnect the speaker on the chime module. This can be done by temporarily removing the module and breaking one of the wires to the speaker or by cutting the printed circuit trace which goes to the speaker on the PC board. When the module is reinstalled it will still work properly but there won't be any audible chime sound.
AFAIK, no vehicle computer is designed (smart enough) to detect a failed warning chime speaker, providing the module itself is otherwise functional. This means there shouldn't be any computer warning associated with this modification.