1990 Mercury Grand Marquis question?

I own a 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis, and have a question. When my car is on for 10-15 minutes (usally when im parking) in stalls (the engine shuts off, but the car is still actully on), so I have to start it up
again. The engine runs fine, so im assuming it is something with one of the fuses, because recently I had a new stero installed. Everytime I start the car the clock resets back to 12:00, also since the stero installation the inside lights only work with the the car on.
Any suggestions to what the promblem might be would be appricated.
"marinodx13" wrote: > I own a 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis, and have a question. When > my car is on for 10-15 minutes (usally when im parking) in > stalls (the engine shuts off, but the car is still actully > on), so I have to start it up again. The engine runs fine, so > im assuming it is something with one of the fuses, because > recently I had a new stero installed. Everytime I start the > car the clock resets back to 12:00, also since the stero > installation the inside lights only work with the the car on. > > Any suggestions to what the promblem might be would be > appricated.
I was riding fine for 20 minutes or so, and put it in reverse to park, and it stalled. It always does stalls in reverse. The stereo was off so I dont think its something with one of the fuses.
I suspect something is not right with the stereo installation. It may be a wire laid in the wrong place that gets pinched and shorts when you shift or it could be that the installer tapped into the wrong wire or wires while connecting the system. Of course, he could have bumped a connection somewhere, too.
I agree that a stereo installation should not cause any of these problems but not all installers use the same rule book. Since it started happening after the installation, I'd start by going beck to the shop and asking them to check it over. There should be no charge for them to do this. Don't forget to mention the inside lights thing, too. You might want to make a list of symptoms to take with you.
Let us know what happens, we can all put our thinking caps on together after you check this part out.
PoD