1990 ranger DPFE

I am trying to help my brother in law with his 1990 ranger. Its got the 2.3 8 plug motor. He is looking for the part number of the DPFE sensor. And what other vehicles and years of sensors
would swap with it?
Also, before he got the truck, someone removed the plugged cat. (Hollowed it out i think). its been running kind of ratty in the cold weather. Since the O2 sensor would not heat up sufficiently without the cat, could it be staying in open loop mode and that the cause of reduced mileage and rough running? Its pre obdII so scan info is limited.
Bob
-

Try autozone.com
and the mustang does... tons of those out there
you pay..DEAL with it!
Call your local Ford dealer parts department; they will give you the part number. As for the cat, gutting it will not affect engine performance, and the cat does not heat the sensor; the o2 sensor is upstream from the cat, and some, not all, have a heater built into it; ; closed loop is achieved when the engine comes up to temp, so what you should look at is the engine thermostat. If it is stuck open, the engine will not go into closed loop which could cause your reduced mileage; you should fix this before proceeding with the DPFE repair. You should also try to find out why the cat plugged in the first place; time and mileage does not cause this, only an engine miss or fuel contaminated with lead .