1990 Tbird Headlights flashing

hi
we have a 90 tbird with headlight problems. we got the car because a neighbor moved and didn't want the hastle of selling it because it needed alot of work. we have been doing the work but ran into a snag.
the signal lights worked when they wanted to and the headlights would flash off and on whenever they wanted to. we changed the signal/highbeam/wiper miltiswitch. the old one and new one were the same numbers except on the old one there was a B in a circle and the new on has a D in a circle.
this fixed the signal lights and appeared to fix the headlights off/on problem as well. but after a bit the headlights started flashing off and on again.
i am wondering where else to look for the problem. also i do not remember if the car had daytime running lights before we changed the signal switch but it doesnt have any now.
any thoughts would help, thanks Al

time, ect. If they flash replace it.
It's the headlight switch, which contains an internal 22A circuit breaker (CB). Check the headlight wiring in the engine compartment including the headlight sockets and the bulbs that are in the headlights. If the wires have breaks, repair them. If the sockets look burnt, replace them. If the bulbs are overwattage, replace them with standard wattage bulbs (probably a good idea to just change bulbs anyway). Finally, replace the headlight switch with a quality brand name one.
Alister Fiend wrote:

Old recall, replace the headlamp switch.