1990 Tempo 4 Cylinder

when i go to give it gas and go faster it seems to want to try and fall on its face. and it seems to take forever to get up to speed could someone help me out here

plugged exhaust or low fuel pressure.

ditto here....plugged exaust first thing that comes to mind replace everything from exaust manifold to the back of the car...it's all suspect....

Why in the world would you replace parts on suspect? Replace or repair only if found to be bad, that would be after diagnosis. Even though the exhaust or fuel delivery is suspect, the problem could also be transmission.

had a customer pull into my repair shop 1975 chev impala...350 ci, 4bbl, 80,000 mi...had the paper work...new valve job, new carbureator, new fuel pump, new transmission, did the works...car came in on back of tow truck...started fine, idled fine, rev'ed easily to 2000 rpm...stuff it and it choked, gasped, and just generally wouldn't do it....raised car....dropped exaust at manifold Y...back on the ground....started up....5000 rmp in a heart beat...problem found....replace entire exaust....$300 parts.....$50 labor at local midas muffler....and I got a bottle of Crown Royal..in the velvet bag as a tip...this guy was going nuts and the average mechanic should know how to verify clogged exaust....maybe I'm NOT the dummy here guy and ya get what ya pay for...if it's free...quit your complaining...but then I'll bet you rebuild transmissions for a living don't ya???

Now that's funny dude!!! If you own a shop then you should know how to diagnose a restricted exhausted exhaust using nothing more than a vacuum gauge. Also you should know that to replace parts on suspect as diagnoses is nothing more than being a parts replacing rip off artist. If you are implying that transmission diagnosis and repair ( you did not specify hydraulic or manual ) is beyond difficult, or that it can not be the reason for a "lack of power" you are very much mistaken. but then being a "shop owner" you would know that. Now, I'm complaining? No, I did not complain. I did point out that you do not replace parts on suspect as you told the original poster to do.
"ditto here....plugged exaust first thing that comes to mind replace everything from exaust manifold to the back of the car...it's all suspect...."
I'm sure your shop has a very good following, based on you post NOT.

but I don't work for AAMCO either....

Sure sounds like it.