1991 Crown Victoria - 5 liter -PCV Valve ???

I was going to change the PCV valve ... could not find it ??? There is a hose that leads from the oil fill tube to the carb ???
Bob

BobC wrote:

back there. IIRC you can reach it easiest from the right(passenger) side. When you remove the valve also remove\replace the filter down inside the hole. They get plugged and impede PCV operation, thus raising crankcase pressure, which can cause oil leaks. I have a tool for this but I've heard that a long drywall screw can be threaded into the filter for removal. The filter is supposed to prevent the PCV from pulling in oil. I've heard a lot of people say they just remove the filter and throw it away with no problems. I've always replaced them though, so YMMV if you go that route.
Thanks for you quick reply ... I will look for it tomorrow. I was expecting it to be on one of the valve covers ... good thing I did not take up auto machanics as a career, huh! Thanks Again, Bob
Tom Adkins wrote:

See: http://markvii.homestead.com/pcv.html
BobC wrote:

I still have a problem ... I can't find the PCV valve! This engine has a lot of stuff on top. Do I have to take off something to get to it???
Tom Adkins wrote:

BobC wrote:

Here's a link with pictures taken of an engine removed from the car. It should help.
You folks are great!!! [I used plural since I got two different email addresses]
I'm 6-1 and have rather large hands ... I'll give it a shot in a couple of days ... THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bob