1991 Ford Explorer Newbie

I am trying to learn as much about my 1991 Ford Explorer as I can ASAP. When the emergency brake is on, isn't there supposed to be an indicator light on
the dashboard informing the driver that the emergency brake is engaged?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Yes, but what is your problem? I've got a feeling it goes deeper than just an inoperative idiot light. Bob