1991 ford tempo

my passenger electric window wont go back up. all the others work fine. anybody got any ideas?

It's Broke!
Gonna have to pull the door panel to check it.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

For an often temporary fix: Open the offending door with the key on. Hold the button in the UP position, and sharply rap the lower center area of the inside door panel SHARPLY with the side of your fist (rubber mallet works also). Whack it good. This will temprrarily "unstick" the motor and get the window up. Replace the motor.
To remove it, locate the motor "gearcase" by reaching inside the door shell for the motor. (Assuming the door trim panel is removed). Look for 2 dimples in the inner door panel in that area and a slot that reveals one of the motor mounting screws (gold) . The dimples indicate the location of the other 2 screws. Drill 3/8" holes, or bigger depending in th diameter of your sockets, in the inner door panel at the dimples. Use a 5/16" socket and extension to remove the three motor bolts. Remove and reinstall the motor.
On 20 Sep 2006 20:41:25 -0700, lsrx101 wrote:

Always check that the switch actually works before you start ripping the door apart. Saves a lot of headaches. Atleast on the Tempo you can unscrew the part of the doorpanel where the switch is mounted to get to the underside of the switch, so it won't take you a headache and a lot of work to check it. On most electric power windows that die, it's the switch that goes, and not very often the actual motor. The motor can be dead though. It all depends on how much it's used, and in what kind of weather. If the motor has seased, and it's correded, it's recommendable to get the window seals replaced to keep the water out, otherwise any motor you put in will corrode as well.
the motor for the electric winow might be burnt ou my advice is oo ake apart the door panal and take a look at it, if not take it to a shop and let them have a look at it.
trickyvana wrote:

The nylon (Delrin) rollers in the window motor driven gear are worn out. Replace the rollers with a 3-roller kit available at any auto parts store. MANY write-ups on the 'Net about how to do this.