1991 t-bird problem, need help

I have a huge problem and i'm not sure what the problem is. I have a 91 3.8 V6. The problem first started when i noticed that there was no heat one day then the
next day there was, the first thing i thought was the thermostat. just befor i changed it i could smell antifreeze in the car. then the car started smooking white smoke and condensation out of the tail pipe, and the smell of antifreeze. i changed the thermostate. NO CHANGE. Ineed help.
Check the heater valve at the firewall as it is probably bad. This will also cause the condensation,smell and no heat problem.