1991 Tempo - stalls at stop signs

My Tempo dies after about 5 minutes of running it in town. It simply needs restarted - but it dies at intesrsections.... Any idea ? Could it be spark plugs ? Battery ?
Typically, if I come to a stop sign, and idle, it will just die. poof. Turn the key, starts right back up. Just put a new starter in it.
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance

sorry i just could not resist the comment :-)
are you getting air in the fuel line ??
snipped-for-privacy@etaion.com wrote:

IAC valve or TPS, maybe ignition module.
try just cleaning the throttle bore, cheap, easy and does wonders some of the times for these symptoms

On 20 Jul 2005 11:19:51 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@etaion.com wrote:

Most likely problem is dirty IAC and throttle body. Throttle body may be cleaned on vehicle. Badly carnoned IAC will probably need to be removed and soaked in solvent to clean. Really bad carbon may require replacement of IAC. IAC = Idle Air Control
Good Luck Lugnut