1991 Tempo - stalls at stop signs

My Tempo dies after about 5 minutes of running it in town. It simply needs restarted - but it dies at intesrsections.... Any idea ? Could it be spark plugs ? Battery ?

Typically, if I come to a stop sign, and idle, it will just die. poof. Turn the key, starts right back up. Just put a new starter in it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
dev

yes the engine is doing what it is told to do.

sorry i just could not resist the comment :-)

are you getting air in the fuel line ??

Reply to
no longer a registered user

IAC valve or TPS, maybe ignition module.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

Reply to
coryrhonda

Most likely problem is dirty IAC and throttle body. Throttle body may be cleaned on vehicle. Badly carnoned IAC will probably need to be removed and soaked in solvent to clean. Really bad carbon may require replacement of IAC. IAC = Idle Air Control

Good Luck Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut