1992 E-150 parking brake

I still have my 92 E-150 conversion van with only 55,000 miles on it. the "stepon-stepoff" parking brake doesn't hold and hasn't for years. I can't seem to find anything broken in/on it?? any suggestions... Use it to pull travel trailer couple of times a year.

Reply to
Deck

I would think that it is mostly likely a broken cable. I would check that out.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

"Deck" wrote

The pedal doesn't "hold" and pops back up, or the pedal locks down as it should, but the truck still rolls down the hill after you get out?

Reply to
MasterBlaster

the pedal acts like it's working but it doesn't hold. the cable is taut but something keeps it from getting tight enough. and if I keep oushing it goes on to the floor...thought someone might be having the same problem!! Someday I'll take the whole assembly out and see what's happening

Reply to
Deck