1992 F-250 Oil Pan

Dose anyone know of a after market oil pan for a 1992 F-250 4X4 with the

5.8? I'm getting ready to put the third one on, and this is getting old if you know what I mean!

Thanks

Reply to
Ken Roskey

Why have you had to replace 3 oil pans, did they rust through or what? Bob

Reply to
Bob

That's whats happening. I've purchased the pan from Ford, and a few years later, they are rusting to the point of leaking. I don't have this problem with any other car. Two other friends are having the same problem.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Roskey

?part=TRD-9532 Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

ford pans suck

another example of crap

hurc ast

Reply to
omarsimms25793

The summit racing pan for sure is wrong (specifies a 2 piece rear main seal) and I wouldn't bet any money on the other ones you listed. I'd get a factory pan and one of those steel cored facory gaskets, apply a good coating of something that resists gravel and chemicals to the pan and be done with it. Those pans aren't fun to install. Bob

Reply to
Bob

its all gravey to meeeee hurc ast

Reply to
omarsimms25793

Washing cars, changing tires and sweeping stalls are all usually pretty easy. Feel free to comment on these topics, otherwise please STFU. Bob

Reply to
Bob