1992 Ford E-150 eterieor door handle problem

On this Van, most of the exterieor door handles won't work. The front two won't open from the outside at all, and the side one you have to push on the door while you pull the handle, just right to get it to open. I know there are two pieces that catch one another, for them to work (at least on the front), but they won't stay close enough together to work. I even took and wired them directly together, which worked but only temporarily. How would I fix or repair this, more permanently? Can it be done fairly cheap? Also my passenger side reveiw mirror will not stay in place. The air as you are driving blows it up against the door. I have tightened the tension bolt, over, and over, but it only last a couple of days. Can this be fixed. if so how?

Reply to
daddyzaring