1992 ford e150 club wagon spped sensor

my speedometer and cruise control quit working at the same time, I was told it was the speed sensor. Where is the speed sensor on this 1992 e150 club
wagon. The haynes book says it's by the front wheels or rear axle. the auto parts store say the tranmission or rear axle.

It's on the transmission tailshaft housing. Which is distinct from the main trans housing.
Get a book