1992 Ford Econoline Odometer Error after being in garage

Hi,

My 1992 Ford Econoline Van was in the shop for almost a week. When it went in, it has 151,*** miles, when it came out it had 244,***. Almost

100k difference!!!

Shop doesn't accept responsiblity saying they only serviced Transmission, EGR valve, Oil Change, Air Filter.

Any suggestions on what was cause of odometer error?

DJ

Reply to
chebonne

Tell me how you managed to fit a Ford Econoline Van inside your garage! Is this a custom made garage for your residence? How much did it cost to build an oversized garage; is it the talk of the suburban neighborhood?

Or are you talking about a Commercial or Industrial garage that you happen to work at and/or manage?

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

I have a 92 conversion van and every now and then the odometer and speedometer stop working. i pull the fuse and put it back in and it works again. don't know if that is related to your situation but just thought there might be a common thing there.

42n8-1
Reply to
42n8-1

Sounds like it's now reading in Kilometers instead of miles.

Reply to
Bob

Yep... that's exactly what has happened.... of course we can be indignent without posting all the details....

151600 miles = 244000 kilometers.

Transmission,

Reply to
Jim Warman

I can't remember the sequence to switch betwen the two.... If you still have the owners manual, it should be noted in there.... if not, hopefully someone might chime in. Failing that, I'll try to remember to check the WSM for the procedure.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
cornbread

"Bob" wrote

There's "Reset" and "Select" buttons above the analog speedo. I found very complicated instructions for using them to recalibrate the speedo for different tires, but I assume they are also used to control the digital trip-meter/odometer. Maybe Miles/Kilometers too?

Reply to
MasterBlaster

You're right about being able to recalibrate the speedo although it can only be done 6 times. But no you can't switch back and forth from English to Metric. Bob "MasterBlaster" > I'm

Reply to
Bob

"Bob" wrote

Then the shop either:

- Somehow managed to change it to metric and couldn't change it back.

- Used up all 6 calibrations trying to get the new trans (with the wrong output gear) to work, had to stuff in a junkyard speedo.

- Swapped speedos with another van they're trying to sell as "LOW MILES!!!"

- Took it for an extended test drive... around the Earth 4 times. :-)

Reply to
MasterBlaster

What is the fix, I suppose a new odometer module? (I am not the OP/owner)

Reply to
clemslay

Yup

Reply to