1992 Ford Econoline Odometer Error after being in garage

Hi,
My 1992 Ford Econoline Van was in the shop for almost a week. When it went in, it has 151,*** miles, when it came out it had 244,***. Almost 100k difference!!!
Shop doesn't accept responsiblity saying they only serviced Transmission, EGR valve, Oil Change, Air Filter.
Any suggestions on what was cause of odometer error?
DJ
Tell me how you managed to fit a Ford Econoline Van inside your garage! Is this a custom made garage for your residence? How much did it cost to build an oversized garage; is it the talk of the suburban neighborhood?
Or are you talking about a Commercial or Industrial garage that you happen to work at and/or manage?
I have a 92 conversion van and every now and then the odometer and speedometer stop working. i pull the fuse and put it back in and it works again. don't know if that is related to your situation but just thought there might be a common thing there. 42n8-1

Sounds like it's now reading in Kilometers instead of miles.
Yep... that's exactly what has happened.... of course we can be indignent without posting all the details....
151600 miles = 244000 kilometers.

Transmission,
It's been a while since I dealt with the problem but I think a replacement PSOM was required to fix it. Any idea why they would suddenly switch over to metric? Bob

I can't remember the sequence to switch betwen the two.... If you still have the owners manual, it should be noted in there.... if not, hopefully someone might chime in. Failing that, I'll try to remember to check the WSM for the procedure.

it
Almost
Not sure bout the Ford products but most I've seen just push the "E/M" or "units" button and it will change

Sorry but it's just not that easy. You've got the right idea but there is no E/M button, I'm pretty sure only the factory can switch between the two. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will "enlighten" me though. Bob

"Bob" wrote

There's "Reset" and "Select" buttons above the analog speedo. I found very complicated instructions for using them to recalibrate the speedo for different tires, but I assume they are also used to control the digital trip-meter/odometer. Maybe Miles/Kilometers too?
You're right about being able to recalibrate the speedo although it can only be done 6 times. But no you can't switch back and forth from English to Metric. Bob

"Bob" wrote

Then the shop either: - Somehow managed to change it to metric and couldn't change it back. - Used up all 6 calibrations trying to get the new trans (with the wrong output gear) to work, had to stuff in a junkyard speedo. - Swapped speedos with another van they're trying to sell as "LOW MILES!!!" - Took it for an extended test drive... around the Earth 4 times. :-)

What is the fix, I suppose a new odometer module? (I am not the OP/owner)

Yup
The conversion constant can be changed to compensate for different axle ratios, or different diameter tires but as far as I know you can't easily change from Metric to English or back. They came from Ford set to one or the other and that's how they were meant to stay. Why they sometimes switch on their own I have no idea. Bob