1992 Grand Marquis transmission

I recently received a 1992 Grand Marquis as a gift. It only has 61000 miles and is already on it's 2nd transmission which is starting to slip. It's a
really nice car and I would like to keep it. I spoke with a mechanic that says these cars are notorious for problems with this transmission.
Is there anyone who sells a remanufactured transmission which fixes the flaws in the original design? Suggestions??
You can email me at: sprung598 AT yahoo.com
Thanks!
Many Fords of that era had tranny problems, which Ford finally fixed by adding a transmission fluid cooler, there was a recall, and Ford had an 800 number to call . My 93 Crown Vic had the infamous "shuttering" problem when shifting into high gear. Solution: drained ALL fluid from tranny and torque converter then added a full synthetic transmission fluidcleaned pan, replaced filter . Been fine ever since. You might want to try a fluid change before going the rebuild/replace route. I don't know of replacement tranny, check www.crownvic.net for other help. JR
Joshua wrote:

Joshua wrote:

Which transmission do you have? Ford used both the AOD and the AOD-E in 1992. My early '92 Grand Marquis has over 212k miles on it's original AOD. Stan K.