1992 Sable rough idle after 1 minute

A family member has a problem with a '92 Sable (3.8L) after about 1 minute after startup (hot or cold engine). The engine starts to idle rough, and sometimes stalls. Restart is fine and acceleration is good
with no problems. The car has 76K miles and had a head gasket replacement 30K miles ago and was running fine until recently. Also, another unrelated problem occurs occasionally with the check engine light. It comes on momentarily and then goes out at random times. No problems are noticed while driving when it comes on. I have not taken it anywhere to check codes yet. Any suggestions? Thanks
kilowatt66 wrote:

Throttle positioning sensor or the AIC.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

kilowatt66 wrote:

This is a rare thing. Although I turned out to be wrong, I wish everyone with car problems would tell us how it turned out like you did. Thanks for posting the sequel.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com