1993 Crown Vic -- heater core -- help ??

I need to R & R the heater core on a 1993 Crown Victoria, but my Chilton book doesn't show a diagram or instructions.
Can anyone tell me whether the heater core comes out from under the
hood, or has to be removed from inside behind the glove box ?
Cant believe that Chilton's does not give diagrams or at least instructions, Haynes does. It comes out from the inside of the car.

Thanks for the help. I have a 1993-1997 Chilton for all US & Canadian (domestic) make & models, and it's just crap. Heater core is very basic and I just can't believe that it's not in the book. The instructions are there for the blower motor, but not for the heater core.
Thanks.

I have yet (in 30 years of doing this stuff) to see a heater core that gets removed from the engine side.
--
Steve
=========

If I remember right, my 1979 LTD II came out from under the hood.
The old Galaxy did and there are others.

All early to late '70 full size Fords and Mercs had access to the heatercore from under the hood. Replacing a core was a 15 min job. All you had to do was disconnecting the heater hoses, remove four screws and remove the access cover. I guess it was too easy of a job.
Steve Barker wrote:

box has to come out or at least drop way down the get the cover off. The book would tell you to pull the whole dash but you dont have to. It is a royal bitch when you havent done one before. The secret is a 2x4 wedged behind the right side of the dash after everything is loose. It gives you just enough room to remove or at least drop the box down so you can pull the cover off the top. GOOD LUCK.

attached on the engine side of the fire wall.

Oh, now thats a fun heater core also. :)

If it's not holding the heater box to the wall, why would it be a bitch, of course that's the one. It's also the one not found the most and because of mindless butchery the reason of many a broken box.

Far more than you can imagine, been around long before the 80's.

Thanks --- thats the info that I was really looking for !!!

What a pain in the ass. 5 hours of my time to replace a $26.99 heater core. Actually you DO have to pull the dashboard back because it's the only way to be able to maneuver the heater box around to get it away from the firewall becaue the studs holding it forward are too long to move the box unless you pull the dashboard back.
Obviously Ford designed the heater core box in such a way to promote good assembly line efficiency, rather than considering the guy who has to replace the heater core years down the road. What a bitch !!!

Yes you do have to pull the right side of the dash back(the 2x4 I mentioned is to hold it back) Most books will tell you to REMOVE the dash. Good job man. Keep that cooling system in good shape so you dont have to do it again anytime soon :)