1993 Ford Crown Victoria, 4.6L

I was coming home this afternoon and went down a street that was torn up, and went through a dip in the dirt and my trunk, which had a wheelbarrow bungeecorded in, knocked the trunk lid up in the air; at
the same time, my car turned off. I tried restarting the car, but it wouldn't start. The engine turns over, but never catches. I am guessing it might be a connection come loose, but I checked as many things under the hood as I could and everything seemed okay. I don't smell gas, so I am not sure if the engine is getting gas or not. The wheelbarrow in the trunk jumped and went back down, and I don't know if this would have disturbed the fuel pump in the trunk, but I would think the car would run for a bit. I am stumped and may have to have it towed to a garage. If someone knows what this might be or has seen it before, please let me know. Thanks for any help.
Mike

It is most likely your fuel cut off safety switch. They are in the fuel system to stop the fuel flow incase of an accident, they are impact triggered. You can reset it if you can find it. In my pickup it is on the inside of the cab up on the firewall behind the peddles... Most cars have them in the trunk somewhere.
Thanks; there is a red switch on the driver's side in the trunk that needed to be reset.
Mike

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 02:52:14 GMT, Michael Fiedler

Look for a reset button very close to the electrical in the trunk. In my Lincold it was on the left side behind the liner material. Its not hard to get at once you find it. It was built that way. "But now is the time for the younger men to lock in rough encounters, time for me to yield to the pains of old age. But there was a day I shone among the champions."
Homer, The Illiad, 23.715-719 (800 BC). King Nestor of Pylos.
As the other posters have said, it's probably just the fuel cut-off switch (I would agree that this is probably the case). If there's any doubt about whether you are getting fuel to the throttle body, just buy/borrow a fuel pressure guage and attach it to the fuel rail (right side at the fuel rail) when you are sure that the fuel cutoff switch has been re-set.
=================================================On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 02:52:14 GMT, Michael Fiedler

Try re-energizing the emergency fuels trip switch WBMA.
mike hunt