1993 Ford Escort LX wagon

My Escort cuts out when I'm traveling down the highway and after I let off the gas for a few seconds it will come back and travel on for approximately
3 more miles before the problem repeats itself. It doesn't do this in town. Only on the highway. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks!

fuel filter or pump first place to look.
Does it have a tach? What does the tach do when this happens? Does any light come on?
Any problems starting the car? Accelerating?
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!

<fuel filter or pump first place to look. Does it have a tach? What does the tach do when this happens? Does any light come on? <Any problems starting the car? Accelerating?
Car doesn't have a tach. The check engine light does come on when it does it this. No problems starting the car or accelerating. I just put a new fuel filter on it. I don't have a pressure tester for the fuel pump, so I will go ahead and replace it and let you know what happens. If you have any other ideas I appreciate your help. Thanks!

It would have helped to know the CEL came on.
Dont replace it till you have the codes read out.
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!