1993 Ford Thunderbird

My car is revving @2500 rpms in idle. I have replaced the idle air control sensor, the mass air sensor and the throttle sensor. It also had a vaccuum leak and the o rings on the fuel injectors were all replaced as well as all
the intake gaskets. It ran fine for about an hour but now is still running at 2500 rpms. HELP?!
"mwaidner51963" wrote: > My car is revving @2500 rpms in idle. I have replaced the idle > air control > sensor, the mass air sensor and the throttle sensor. It also > had a vaccuum > leak and the o rings on the fuel injectors were all replaced > as well as all > the intake gaskets. It ran fine for about an hour but now is > still running > at 2500 rpms. HELP?!
What size engine?
Disconnect the IAC valve with the engine running. Does the engine speed drop? If so look for a problem in the computer system, a trouble code scan and diagnosis will probably be needed. If the engine speed stays about the same after disconnecting the IAC valve look for a mechanical problem such as a binding throttle linkage, sticking IAC valve or a large vacuum leak.
--
Posted using the http://www.AutoForumz.com/ interface, at author's request
Vent_7 opined in rpms in idle. I have replaced the idle

I assume there's no codes?
1. Check/ change your pcv valve
2. Disconnect all vacuum lines -except fuel pressure regulator- and plug the intake nipples for them

It is a 6 cylinder engine 3.0 I think. When they hooked it up to the computer it flashed all kinds of codes. They are thinking it must be the computer is bad-they have tried everything else they can think of. Thanks for your input.
MarieRP opined in

Well,........ good luck.
sheesh!