1993 Lincoln Continental

I am thinking of purchasing a 1993 Lincoln Continental. The car is flawless and only has 40 000 miles. The only issue I have with it is that it has a

3.8. I know that these engines can be problematic as for head gaskets & transmission. Anything else I should watch for?

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Off the top of my head...

The air bag struts and related system(s).

The heater core.

The AC evaporator.

The temperature door blend servo.

The exhaust system.

The timing cover/gasket.

The alternator.

These things are turds.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

replaced the rear bags twice and fronts struts twice on my '94 Mark VIII with over 151K miles on it now.

Reply to
el lobo

RUN AWAY from this car unless it is given to you, and you have a reliable back-up vehicle, and you are willing to junk it with the first inevitable major repair issue. This car was a prime example of turning an otherwise awesome basic 3.0L Taurus into a fully-loaded-ready-to-break-down 3.8L service nightmare.

Rob

* * *

Reply to
Trainfan1

Hopefully you took the advice. This is probably one of the worst if not THE WORST model car Ford has ever perpetrated upon the world. This car will nickel (no dollar you) to death. Don't say you were'nt warned.

Reply to
JerseyJim

Thanks for all of your advices. I bought the & the good thing is that I am getting offers of double what I paid for it. I don't think I did a bad move yet.

Reply to
Dan