1993 SHO Gas Mileage

I'm curious as to what mpg the SHO people are getting. I'm currently averaging 15mpg and I think this is at least 5 to 10 mpg too low. The power in the engine is amazing, I had the tranny rebuilt, but that's all I've done
to the car so far.
Panther wrote:

Sounds low...:
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_engines.aspx?modelid 43&trimid=-1&src=vip
Rob
my son has a 93 SHO. gets around 30 mpg. when he got it, i remember he complained about poor gas mileage, but found the brakes were dragging. rotors were warm to hot. had to put new calipers on, but cured problem.
hope this helps.
~ curtis
knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional "Many more men die with prostate cancer than of it. Growing old is invariably fatal. Prostate cancer is only sometimes so."
Hmm interesting, I know the disks are warped, I'll check them and see, thanks for this tip. Another reason to get this car on a lift...

Thought you might want to know, we just found out the rear calipers are indeed draggin, I have new calipers on the way!

I agree, that is low. On the freeway I typically get somewhere between 25-30 mpg and city driving lands me somewhere closer to 20ish. Of course the above estimates depend on how heavy my right foot is feeling, having a fast and aggressive driving style will make your mileage really suffer (obviously).
Dave