1993 SHO Gas Mileage

I'm curious as to what mpg the SHO people are getting. I'm currently averaging 15mpg and I think this is at least 5 to 10 mpg too low. The power in the engine is amazing, I had the tranny rebuilt, but that's all I've done to the car so far.

Reply to
Panther

Sounds low...:

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

my son has a 93 SHO. gets around 30 mpg. when he got it, i remember he complained about poor gas mileage, but found the brakes were dragging. rotors were warm to hot. had to put new calipers on, but cured problem.

hope this helps.

~ curtis

knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional "Many more men die with prostate cancer than of it. Growing old is invariably fatal. Prostate cancer is only sometimes so."

Reply to
c palmer

Hmm interesting, I know the disks are warped, I'll check them and see, thanks for this tip. Another reason to get this car on a lift...

Reply to
Panther

I agree, that is low. On the freeway I typically get somewhere between

25-30 mpg and city driving lands me somewhere closer to 20ish. Of course the above estimates depend on how heavy my right foot is feeling, having a fast and aggressive driving style will make your mileage really suffer (obviously).

Dave

tra> Panther wrote:

Dave Hammond

Thought you might want to know, we just found out the rear calipers are indeed draggin, I have new calipers on the way!

Reply to
Panther