1993 T-Bird question

Hi..I have a 5.0 1993 T-bird. With this year and engine does this engine shut down once you hit a certain speed?

What do you mean shut down? the PCM can start shutting down fuel injectors once you reach a manufacturers pre programmed speed.

Is there a pre programmed speed for that year engine? I had heard there wasnt but want verification

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:52:14 GMT, "PETER MITCHELL"

It should be limited to the speed rating of the tires which were originally installed.
I do know later models with the 4.6 limited speed to 105mph or 5000 rpm.
This was done for a couple of reasons.
The tires. The overall car design as it came out the factory doors wouldn't put up with much more than that (not true for the SuperCoupe editions) Driveshaft was not balanced good enough for higher speeds. Auto tranny torque convertor would implode at higher RPMS in 94/95 models.
See details in message threads and tech articles at http://www.tccoa.com