1993 taurus 3.8 - OBD codes 337 and 157

I've got a 1993 taurus/sable with a 3.8 engine. The check engine light is on hard! The codes that I pulled are 337 and 157. Within the past year I have replaced the DPFE sensor, the MAF sensor (to fix other codes), and just now I put on a new EGR valve, but no luck. I need to do more investigating, but I was hoping someone might be able to direct me a bit.

One thing I want to do is make sure that I didn't hook up one of the hoses incorrectly. There's a vacuum hose coming off the EGR that goes way down in the engine compartment, ending at the front of the car (driver side) near the bottom of the radiator. Anyway, on the way down, it goes into a metal cylinder (relay?) and then exits through another vacuum hose. There is an electrical plug that goes into the cylinder. I don't know what this is, but it occurred to me that I could have reversed the entering and exiting hoses.

Any help appreciated! thx

Reply to
rob