1993 Taurus codes:

Hi a buddy gave me his 1993 Ford Taurus 3.0L in order to diagnose both a check engine light and ABS light. The car was a recent purchase for him although it appears that the car sat for some time. The engine started and ran well although the belt squealed and the power steering pump bearings were gone, both of these I changed. I stripped the wheels only to find recent pads and rotors, drums and shoes and the brake master cylinder is full. Star mode for the ABS shows anti-lock ST1 high.

Keep alive codes are 157, 158, 332, and 648 in the EEC-1V.

Any input here is appreciated.

Bush

Reply to
Bushleague

"Bushleague" wrote

(O) = Key On Engine Off test (R) = Key On Engine Running test (M) = Memory code

157 (R,M) Mass Air Flow signal is/was low or grounded - MAF

158 (O,R,M) MAF sensor is/was high or short to power - MAF

332 (R,M) EGR did not open/respond during test or if memory code, did not open intermittantly - EVR or PFE

648 (M) Transmission 4th gear failure - Transmissions

Reply to
MasterBlaster