1993 Taurus oil leak. Trying to pinpoint

Helllo Gang. I have a 1993 Taurus that leaking oil. I have replaced the oii pressure sending unit, that is OK. I have a nice pool of oil right at where the distribuitor goes into the engine on top, now this isnt the first time ive had this, i have replaces it about a year or so ago, and even then it never compleatly stopped oil from coming out from there. What else is in theis IMEDIATE are of the distribuitor that could also be leaking oil? I have cheked around valve covers and its good and dry there.

1 other odd thing, juest this weekend it was very hunid and warm here in NJ, and the oil under the car had turned a wierd shade of white, like and eggcream. and there was some this creamy stuff inside the oil filler cap as well as the tubing running off from it. Anyone with any ideas of what gives here?
Reply to
<someone

My 93 Taurus leaks all over. I am pulling the engine now to fix. I suggest a mirror and light to better identify your leak.

BH

snipped-for-privacy@somedoma> Helllo Gang. I have a 1993 Taurus that leaking oil.

so ago, and even then

tubing running off

Reply to
Bill

Let me know how much fun you have doing that. mine leaks too. I know my oil pan is leaking. But i am paranoid that i cannot get the exhaust manifold nuts off or they will break from being rusted on for 15 years.

My rear valve cover gasket is leaking too but i would have to remove the plenum i think to get to it so its a future project too. The 3.0 doesn't burn oil, but it leaks a quart a month.

As far as that goes, my S10's 2.2 is leaking to drivers side block somewhere. I suspect the cam sensor, but that's another future project.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz