1993 tempo-no spark

can anyone out there tell me why my 1993 ford tempo has no spark? i've changed the tfi sensor, pickup coil, igniton coil, and the relay box containing the eec sensor. i am at a loss for what is wrong and would
appreciate any input or suggestions. you can email them to me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or post them here. thanks

does the check engine lite come on with ign in run position?
you pay..DEAL with it!
it does for a short period of time like with any car trying to start but after that it goes out.

Then, is the + side of the coil getting power?
Should be about 8-10 volts, ign on.
you pay..DEAL with it!
no there is no spark on the + side.... there is on the - side though (had to run out and test it for sure.)

that's confusing.
I was talking about low voltage. the minus side is connected to the TFI (Ignition module)
You need a 12 v test lite, or a meter set to dc volts, and test those low volt terminals relative to body/ground
you pay..DEAL with it!
all we did is jump a wire from the postive to the neg side of the battery. that would work to check for power correct?
all we did is jump a wire from the postive to the neg side of the battery.
that would work to check for power correct?
tibynbill wrote:

Yes, in exactly the same way that you can check a wall outlet to see if it's live, by sticking a fork into it.
Unbelieveable.
well excuse me but how would u "pretend" to test for power when u are piss poor and have no voltage meter? not everyone was born with a silver spoon in the mouth. some of us have to be inventive and old school. but let me guess? u got all ur information from a tech manual written by someone who has never touched an engine let alone under the hood of a car. get a grip on reality and learn ur not the only person on the planet and u can't be ignorant to everyone.... u don't have friends do u?
oh yeah idiot.... it worked

Sure it worked, now you have whatever the original problem was along with whatever you fried by short circuiting the coil. Now we know why you're poor. You take simple problems and turn them into big ones.
and having a broke down piece of sh*t isn't a big problem? and no that's not why i'm poor. try spending more on ur f**king car repair by going to garages than u make in a month. that's why i came on here. the only person who seems to know what he's talking about is backyard mechanic. and i never said i was a victim i said i couldn't afford a stupid tool so i tried something else....

so can we actually get down to figuring out the problem?

The reason your car is broke down piece of shit is because you keep working on it. The stuff you will fry by mindlessly jumping them to the battery all cost more than that $2 test light you can't afford!
lay off it u idiot

LOOK, drop the f@#$#@g defensive act!
Here's what to do... have a helper crank the car while you TEMPORARILY jump the POSITIVE SIDE OF THE BATTERY TO THE POSITIVE POST on the coil.
DO NOT LEAVE IT CONNECTED. You cannot use that as a crutch-fix, only for troubleshooting.
And dont make a mistake, you will blow the ignition module!

Everyone has friends or acquaintances and lots of piss-poor 'ppl' have both some rudimentary tools and some basic knowledge of car electrics.
Too bad you didnt come on here FIRST; given full explanation, that's what we would have suggested.
And yes, I'm out of work, too..
But I aint a frickin VICTIM!
you pay..DEAL with it!
no ignition module... dis. not coil pack. would be a tfi sensor, or at least that's what i was told.
You do not have a Tempo with DIS. Maybe that is why you are piss poor, you have no clue as to what you have. Is it a one dollar or a five dollar bill? That Tempo is probably a escort. Why don't you take a look at the name on the side of the car...........or is the sheet metal so banged up that the name emblem is gone?

Spend the money on a manual that will provide directions to diagnose your problem. With the money saved you can also buy a decent meter at say Harbor Freight for about 20 dollars U.S..

Shut hood, call mechanic.
you pay..DEAL with it!