1993 Van

I have a 1993 e150 conversion with 351 auto.
My windshield wipers quit working a week ago. There is a "click" that happens everytime the wipers are turned on or off.
coming from someplace in the right front.
I replaced the motor but that wasn't the problem. The wiper arms aren't bound up.
Is there something else that could keep the wipers from working?
Dave
I have a '95 E150 which is probably similar to yours. The Windshield Wiper Motor is operated through the Wiper Control Module. You are probably hearing the WCM, which is under the dash on the right hand side. It has a 14 pin connector. I cannot tell from the simplistic schematic whether the WCM's innards are solid state or electromechanical. Since you are hearing a "click" I suspect there is a relay not doing its job because of dirty contacts, or a broken wire, or bad connector mating.
Because you are hearing a "click" the signals from the column mounted Multi-Function Switch are probably okay, but do not rule it out.
What you didn't want to learn: besides the connectors at the Mulit-Function Switch and the WCM, there are three (3) connectors in between. There is also a connector between the WCM and the Wiper Motor.
Good luck.
Willywanka wrote:

Thanks Farley, I reposted because the subject of the first post wasn't informative enough.
I'll check out the connectors and go from there. Thanks again
Dave

off.