1994 Crown Vic P-71 Police Car ?'s

Greetings All:
I just purchased a 1994 P71 with only 160,200 miles on it. Since I bought it from the local police it did not come with an owners manual
or any paperwork. Can someone point me in the right direction to get fluid capacities? Oil, trans, coolant, etc. is what I'm looking for. I also need a resource for new carpet. The current carpet is rather dirty so I would like to replace it with a new one.
Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Buy an Owner's Manual from any Ford dealer, or look on eBay for one.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Or for some usefull info, try visiting www.crownvic.net
There are tech forums there that will have the answers to your questions.

Half Price books in my town has lots of old car manuals cheap. otherwise, just add oil until it's full.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: : Greetings All: : : I just purchased a 1994 P71 with only 160,200 miles on it. Since I : bought it from the local police it did not come with an owners manual : or any paperwork. Can someone point me in the right direction to get : fluid capacities? Oil, trans, coolant, etc. is what I'm looking for. : I also need a resource for new carpet. The current carpet is rather : dirty so I would like to replace it with a new one. : : Thanks in advance for the assistance. :
--

Tom Line snipped-for-privacy@iglou.com

For Fun And Safety In Firearms Sports visit...
I wonder how many miles are on the engine at 160k miles. I mean cops seldom turn the engines off. Or does this mean the engines last longer, or it all averages-out not going through dimension changing warm-ups ??
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: : Greetings All: : : I just purchased a 1994 P71 with only 160,200 miles on it. Since I : bought it from the local police it did not come with an owners manual : or any paperwork. Can someone point me in the right direction to get : fluid capacities? Oil, trans, coolant, etc. is what I'm looking for. : I also need a resource for new carpet. The current carpet is rather : dirty so I would like to replace it with a new one. : : Thanks in advance for the assistance. :
--

Tom Line snipped-for-privacy@iglou.com

For Fun And Safety In Firearms Sports visit...

Exactly 160K miles. ;)

The state police in my area install hour meters under the hood for this very reason. They do engine maintenance based on hours, not miles. Someone actually used their brain on that one!

Mark wrote:

Exactly! Ford finally figured it out, My new 2005 F-450 Diesel comes from Ford with an engine hour meter in the dash... :-)

I usually double the mileage considering it was a cop car. I have driven several over my years on the job and they take a beating.Some of these cars literally are on for 24 hrs. a day

Is it a 4.6l??

That's all they had that year. 92-05 are all 4.6

Found it. http://www.mitchsplace.com/crownvicmuscle/cvpitstop.html#fluidcap

Speak to the guys at you local Ford dealer and go to J C Whitney site for the carpet, WBMA.
mike hunt