1994 Crown Victoria Water Leak

Every time it rains water collects in the back right rear back seat foot well. I cannot see where the water is coming in. The auto has not been driven during the rain. Did anyone have a similar problem and can it be corrected.

Thanks GJ

Reply to
G.J.

Check out the CVN BBS archives. Good luck.

Reply to
lightshow

Reply to
BeeVee

Hey Lightshow- Being new here, what(where) exactly are the cvn bbs archives?

TIA

-Tom

Reply to
vtowntom

My '94 has the same problem. I have seen the water 2" deep in the RR after a few hours in the rain. Does not do it every time it rains but, if it really rains, it leaks. I've tried water, air, talc and, smoke with no help. I have also asked the question here an a couple of occasions with no working fix.

Reply to
lugnut

My '95 does it but I know where the leak is. My car has a sunroof and if I park it on a slope with the nose down, it drains onto the passanger seat, then runs back to the floor well. I haven't worked up the nerve to pull the header down quite yet, tho. I've just been careful to park it uphill. Good luck and let us know if you find it.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

Reply to
Fitz

Are you referring to the front fender or the rear quarter? If it is the front, I need to replace the power antenna anyway - may be an opportunity to check it if it is the front.

Thanks for the response.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

I'm going to check there too (my guess is the front) but the sunroof was dripping when my puddle occured... Thanks!

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

I recently fixed the same problem in my '94`Grand Marquis, a real head scratcher. It turned out to be a rubber gasket around a mounting stud for the hvac blower housing. I replaced it with a bead of silicone caulk and the leak stopped. Took me several months to locate. I had to pull the rugs out and everything before I found it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Walters

Paul,

My 94 tbird had the same problem. Try removing the plastic cowl panel between the hood and windshield on the passenger side that covers the heater plenum area. Inspect the underside for deteriated weather stripping. You should be able to find a replacement weather stripping at a local body shop supply store.

Good Luck

Reply to
Joe Cool

Thanks! I'll look there too.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

After I sent my reply, I remembered an occasional wet spot in the '93 Cougar. I will definitely check it! Thanks!

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton