1994 dodge van-automatic trans-torque lockup problem?

Hi ! I have an old Dodge 1 ton van from 1994- has lots of miles on it and continuing its descent to beaterdom. Lately has had a hesitation in driveline at highway speeds - thought it was ignition but seemed more mechanical. After checking trans fluid level, I added a pint and problem disappeared for 200 miles. Now problem is back. Fluid level OK. I wondered if this was lockup for torque conv. kicking in and out? It doesnt seem related to 4rth gear but not positive. Anyway, can I disconnect torque conv. lockup circuit? Or, any ideas? thanx, bob d.

Reply to
ignatz

Probably be best to try one of the Dodge groups. Your more likely to get a pertinent answer there.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Get a Ford, and you wont have that problem.. Dodge transmissions are RENOWNED for being just giant POS's... LOL As you can tell, I am not a fan of dodge auto trans. NONE of them have ever been very good or reliable.. Just about anyone I talk to that owns a dodge vehicle that is over 4yrs old has had their trans replaced atleast once, if not two or three times... Sounds to me like you have one of their transmissions and its pulling the same ole'... Best to take it to a trans shop, I bet yer lookin at a rebuild or new trans for your van...

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech

What position is the gear selector in when you're checking the transmission fluid?

Reply to
aarcuda69062