1994 E-350

Hi I have a 1994 E350 van. my van starts but will not turn over replaced the ignition module still no good. does anyone have an ideas as to what might be wrong thank you

Reply to
Anthony

From my neck of the woods, if an engine "starts", that means it is running. If it "turns over", that means the starter is turning the engine but it won't run continuously. Your wording is confusing.

I think you'll find this language to be mostly universal in the USA. Now, if you can't explain it, I doubt that anybody can help you.

Good Luck!

Hank

Reply to
Hank

Did you check for spark at one of the plugs?

You replaced the ignition module, was that because of a no spark condition?

Fuel pressure OK?

Do you smell gas after turning it over a few times?

Reply to
sleepdog

Starts but doesn't turn over? That's like saying I can Run but I can't walk....

Hank is correct... if your car STARTS, usually one would be turning it over first, and in the process of starting.

Reply to
RobGute

Anthony wrote in messag

From my neck of the woods, if an engine "starts", that means it i running If it "turns over", that means the starter is turning the engine bu i won't run continuously. Your wording is confusing

I think you'll find this language to be mostly universal in the USA

Now, i you can't explain it, I doubt that anybody can help you

Yes you are correct. my words are backwards

Good Luck

Hank

Reply to
Anthony

Hi I have a 1994 E350 van. my van turnsover but will not start replaced the ignition module still no good. does anyone have an ideas as to what might be wrong thank you

Reply to
Anthony

One thing at a time. Lets rule out different systems. Fuel system, by shooting a little starter fluid down into the carb, then crank it over for about 10 sec. If it don't "fire" and run for a second, then fuel system MAY be ok. If it starts and runs for a second, then the fuel system IS the problem. Either clogged filter, dirty carb, bad fuel pump, bad fuel, rusty tank and etc. If we find out that it is the fuel system, we'll narrow it down later..

Get back after trying this.

Hank

Reply to
Hank