1994 Explorer no power????????

Ok, my wife took the explorer in for an oil change, the suv ran excellent ,then the technician added a bottle of fuel injector cleaner to the tank.Over the next 2 weeks the vehicle slowly started running rough,now it is to the point where when it is warmed up it will not go over 10 miles an hour i have to pull off the road wait for a couple of minutes just to get a little 20 mph speed burst out of it.But when it is in park and i rev it, it has all the power and rpms i need. I did replace fuel filter,and i had apressure test done and the mechanic did say there was a little loss of pressure in the fuel pump but he never gave me the answer if thata was the problem or not........

Reply to
QB13

check fuel pressure and VOLUME

hurc ast

Reply to
omarsimms25793

If its running rich, its prolly the fuel pressure regulator.

If its running lean, its prolly the stupid-assed 2" piece of rubber hose Ford insisted on putting INSIDE the gas tank. Nothing like a little designed-in failure.

Neither piece seems to take well to fuel injector cleaner. The additional additives manage to eat the half-rotten rubber pieces away. Similar scenario to people replacing the transmission fluid on old un-maintained transmissions. They tend to 'wash' the rubber pieces right out.

Describe more on how it runs. When you can't get over 10-20 mph, is it coughing? Do you have to floor it or barely feather the throttle? Generally if its

Hell, for all I know you might have slagged your transmission well enough its *dragging* that hard :)

JS

Reply to
Jacob Suter

"j4k3" wrote: > QB13 wrote: > > Ok, my wife took the explorer in for an oil change, the suv > ran > > excellent ,then the technician added a bottle of fuel > injector cleaner > > to the tank.Over the next 2 weeks the vehicle slowly started > running > > rough,now it is to the point where when it is warmed up it > will not go > > over 10 miles an hour i have to pull off the road wait for a > couple of > > minutes just to get a little 20 mph speed burst out of > it.But when it > > is in park and i rev it, it has all the power and rpms i > need. I did > > replace fuel filter,and i had apressure test done and the > mechanic did > > say there was a little loss of pressure in the fuel pump but > he never > > gave me the answer if thata was the problem or not........ > > If its running rich, its prolly the fuel pressure regulator. > > If its running lean, its prolly the stupid-assed 2" piece of > rubber hose > Ford insisted on putting INSIDE the gas tank. Nothing like a > little > designed-in failure. > > Neither piece seems to take well to fuel injector cleaner. > The > additional additives manage to eat the half-rotten rubber > pieces away. > Similar scenario to people replacing the transmission fluid on > old > un-maintained transmissions. They tend to 'wash' the rubber > pieces > right out. > > Describe more on how it runs. When you can't get over 10-20 > mph, is it > coughing? Do you have to floor it or barely feather the > throttle? > Generally if its > > Hell, for all I know you might have slagged your transmission > well > enough its *dragging* that hard :) > > JS

Yes i do have to feather the gas pedal but only a couple of inches before the vehicle starts to cough.When i nail the throttle the suv carburator coughs and it bounces like i?m playing with air shocks.

Reply to
QB13