1994 Ford Aspire

I have a 94 aspire that is in excellent cond. all works except my headlights are dim on low beam and even dimmer on high beam. Only one (pass side) works on low beam. All others are always dim & dimmer. I
replaced the lights, cleaned the switches with cleaner. Where are the ground wires? What color? Where would it be connected? 2. Could it be in the steering Column? I can't get em to work right. Any help would be appreciated. Please be specific, since I am a car dummy for the most part. snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net