1994 Ford Escort LX Compression Problems

Hello
I have 94 Escort LX 1.9L
While comming off the free way my car started missing. My friend and I compression tested it and there was 0 compression on
the 4th cylinder. I changed the Plugs and wires and the 4th plug was coated in oil. Everything else is fine and where it should be. Its not burning oil or anything. Someone told me something about there being problems with the lifters sticking. So I'm pretty sure I will have to replace the head. But I was wondering if using a thinner oil would help the lifters from sticking. Or if the problem could be something else. Please help.
Adam
id start at taking off the valve cover to see if rockers are in order
what's the mileage?sudden loss of compression could be different things but do check the valves/rockers first.you mighta just lost(worn out/worn thru) a rocker or broke a valve spring.what were the compression readings on the other 3 cyl?