1994 ford Ranger - 2.3 Ltr 4 Cylinder

1994 ford Ranger - 2.3 Ltr 4 Cylinder: Problem changing out Timing Belt.
My son's the old Timing Belt broke. We have all the parts removed except the one belt guide and sprocket to the left of the crankshaft
sprocket. they are held on by one bolt we can not get this bolt busted loose. I believe it is a left-hand threaded bolt. We have soaked it with lubricant as best as possible.
Any ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated
I had the same problem, once, with my daughter's Mustang on her 2.3. The bolt for the idle/tension pulley WOULD NOT come loose. I hesitate to respond because the answer sounds kind of dumb. In frustration, I tried putting the new timing belt up to the pulleys just to see how much the tension pulley would have to back off. The thing started to just fit. Going back and forth between the crank and cam, I managed to inch on the new timing belt. OKAY. We drove the car for another year before daughter gave the car to boyfriend and he wrapped it around a guard rail. Fortunately, he was by himself at the time. But hey, the timing belt worked. Scott snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
SSaund9084 wrote:

Thanks Scott.
RE opined in

What?
Did they change something on the later 2.3's or am I senile? There is NOTHING to the left of the crank sprocket unless you mean the oil pump drive {was dist drive}
And on earlier ones anyway, you ONLY had to loosen the Idler pivot bolt to the head as well as the bolt in the bracket slot.
none left hand thread.