1994 Ford Ranger 4cyl Clutch problems

I went to shift the other day and there was no tension on the pedal. Went right to the floor. Was able to get it into gear to get home. Dose this
mean the clutch master cylinder is bad or what? How do you tell if it is the master cylinder. I checked the reservoir and it was empty. Could it be that a line came off down by the transmission? It has been to cold out to get on the ground to check.
Thanks
Chris
Chris wrote:

Sounds like you have a leak. I would take it to a competent mechanic to have it checked.
Jeff
---
More likely the slave cylinder is leaking, after all it is over 15 years old

Actually it is 10 years old. Went through my records and had to have it replaced when I was on a trip. My neighbor said he will replace it for me as soon as the weather warms up. It is nice to have good neighbors. He has done it before on his own, so that works. Now the weather has to cooperate!
Chris