1994 Ford Ranger - Spark Plug Question

Vehicle has over 170k miles, 4.0L Vin X engine.....doing some minor engine work, also time for a new set of plugs. I put in Motorcraft Platinum, No.
AWSF42P back in 1998. Was thinking of using standard Autolite Platinum plug, No. AP765 or Bosch Platinum Plus 2, No. 4305. The Bosch plug is a dual electrode plug. Is the dual electrode plug worth the money.....better power and improvement in gas mileage, or should I stick with the single electrode platinum plug.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Joe
Personally I would stick with autolite or motorcraft platinum plug with single electrode. To much spark is just as bad as not enough I would stick with plugs that meet OEM standards and in the shop I have seen the dual electrodes cause problems.
Hope this helps!

Could you explain "too much spark" being bad, and what plugs cause this and why?

and
I thought that was silly myself. What he was probably experiencing isn't too muh spark, but rather the spark being in the wrong place in the combustion chamber, or the heat range of the plug being wrong.
Contrary to popular belief, heat ranges of plugs don't exactly cross between manufacturers. I think the rule of thumb was that Japanese plugs tend to run cold, and American plugs tend to run hot, or some such.
Obviously, a plug that didn't project the tip into the correct location into the chamber would cause problems too.
My personal opinion for what it's worth is the only thing worth paying extra for on a plug is platinum as the plug will last longer. But, that is almost not noticeable, since modern ignition runs at such high voltage that it will fire a plug that is carboned, oil soaked, MTBE contaminated, worn tips, etc. etc. as long as the plug wires and coil is in good shape.
Back in the good old days with point ignition it was more important to have nice clean plugs with sharp edges on the tips.
Ted