1994 Ford Taurus Temperature Gauge & heater problems

I just invested money in a down payment on a 1994 Ford Taurus. The dealer had an independent evaluation done on the vehicle and it supposedly passed
everything with no known problems. It is now five days later and the temperature gauge jumps alll the way up, even though it is not hot and has fluid and the heater tends to not work. After about a half an hour it turns on but on a limited basis. It makes it impossible to defrost the windows, etc. I cannot afford a lot of car repairs, should I give it back and get something else?? The warranty they sold me does not cover any of the heating and cooling parts.. I would like to hear from anyone that may have had a similar problem or idea what may be causing this. Thank you very much
scorpiowoman1025 wrote:

If its a 3.8, i hope your warranty covers head gaskets. My guess is the bogus warranty you got won't do you much good. If they won't fix it, get another car.
Bob
-
scorpiowoman1025 wrote:

Blown head gasket. Get another car if possible.