1994 Mustang GT - Vibrations

This car vibrates between 25 to about 35 mph... and then again only a faster vibration at 50 t o70. It only does it when there is a power load on the engine (accellerating). Any ideas what this can be? Thank you.

Reply to
tscout

check driveshaft hurc ast

Reply to
fordsrus12473

"fordsrus12473" wrote: > On 12 Apr 2005 03:18:39 -0400, tscout > > wrote: > > >This car vibrates between 25 to about 35 mph... and then > again only a > >faster vibration at 50 t o70. It only does it when there is > a power > >load on the engine (accellerating). Any ideas what this can > be? > >Thank you. > > check driveshaft > hurc ast

I don?t know if this helps but the car at 72,000 miles and is a five speed. I did look at the drive shaft, but all appears fine. Do you think the shaft is bent?

Reply to
tscout

u joints

hurc ast

Reply to
fordsrus12473

if all else fails you can use frequency to narrow component

buy a tool called a SIROMETER its a wire prolly cost ya 25 bucks tape to your dash try a lawn mower shop

drive and calculates frequency post it

hurc ast

Reply to
fordsrus12473

"fordsrus12473" wrote: > On 13 Apr 2005 13:09:01 -0400, tscout > > wrote: > > >"fordsrus12473" wrote: >  > > On 12 Apr 2005 03:18:39 -0400, tscout >  > > < snipped-for-privacy@AutoForumz.com> >  > > wrote: >  > > >   > > >This car vibrates between 25 to about 35 > mph... and then >  > > again only a >   > > >faster vibration at 50 t o70. It only does > it when there is >  > > a power >   > > >load on the engine (accellerating). Any > ideas what this can >  > > be? >   > > >Thank you. >  > > >  > > check driveshaft >  > > hurc ast > >

Those were checked too and look good. It is very strange.

Reply to
tscout

It very much sounds like a ujoint. since you say they are good try rotating the tires front to rear and see if it changes things. generally a bent shaft will get worse the faster you drive. If you have a tire shop rotate them for you have them look for separation of a tire and balance them. If it is a rear tire problem you will feel it in the front after the rotation (if the balance didn't fix it) The reason I think you might only feel it under accel if its a tire in the rear is because under load the driveshaft will transfer the vibration "more" into the shaft, trans, engine, body....and you will be able to feel it more. If it vibrates in the front after the rotation and after a balance then you most likely have a separated tire. Another symptom of a separated front tire is a pull to one side or the other after your rotation. good luck.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

This is really good information... thank you for taking the time. However, I just put four new tires on it two weeks ago. I had them balance the tires twice.

Reply to
tscout

NOW you tell me... :) I would take a good look at the drive shaft for any damage and look real close at the trans mount too. Also look at the wheels for any damage.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman