1994 Mustang GT - Vibrations

This car vibrates between 25 to about 35 mph... and then again only a faster vibration at 50 t o70. It only does it when there is a power load on the engine (accellerating). Any ideas what this can be?
Thank you.
βœ–

check driveshaft hurc ast
Add pictures here
βœ–
"fordsrus12473" wrote: > On 12 Apr 2005 03:18:39 -0400, tscout
> wrote: > > >This car vibrates between 25 to about 35 mph... and then > again only a > >faster vibration at 50 t o70. It only does it when there is > a power > >load on the engine (accellerating). Any ideas what this can > be? > >Thank you. > > check driveshaft > hurc ast
I don’t know if this helps but the car at 72,000 miles and is a five speed. I did look at the drive shaft, but all appears fine. Do you think the shaft is bent?
βœ–

u joints
hurc ast
Add pictures here
βœ–
"fordsrus12473" wrote: > On 13 Apr 2005 13:09:01 -0400, tscout
> wrote: > > >"fordsrus12473" wrote: > &nbsp;> > On 12 Apr 2005 03:18:39 -0400, tscout > &nbsp;> > &lt; snipped-for-privacy@AutoForumz.com&gt; > &nbsp;> > wrote: > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > >This car vibrates between 25 to about 35 > mph... and then > &nbsp;> > again only a > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > >faster vibration at 50 t o70. It only does > it when there is > &nbsp;> > a power > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > >load on the engine (accellerating). Any > ideas what this can > &nbsp;> > be? > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > >Thank you. > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > check driveshaft > &nbsp;> > hurc ast > > > >I don’t know if this helps but the car at 72,000 miles and is > a five > >speed. I did look at the drive shaft, but all appears fine. > Do you > >think the shaft is bent? > > u joints > > hurc ast
Those were checked too and look good. It is very strange.
βœ–

if all else fails you can use frequency to narrow component
buy a tool called a SIROMETER its a wire prolly cost ya 25 bucks tape to your dash try a lawn mower shop
drive and calculates frequency post it
hurc ast
Add pictures here
βœ–

It very much sounds like a ujoint. since you say they are good try rotating the tires front to rear and see if it changes things. generally a bent shaft will get worse the faster you drive. If you have a tire shop rotate them for you have them look for separation of a tire and balance them. If it is a rear tire problem you will feel it in the front after the rotation (if the balance didn't fix it) The reason I think you might only feel it under accel if its a tire in the rear is because under load the driveshaft will transfer the vibration "more" into the shaft, trans, engine, body....and you will be able to feel it more. If it vibrates in the front after the rotation and after a balance then you most likely have a separated tire. Another symptom of a separated front tire is a pull to one side or the other after your rotation. good luck.
Add pictures here
βœ–
"someone57" wrote:
> > > This car vibrates between 25 to about 35 mph... and then > again only a > > faster vibration at 50 t o70. It only does it when there is > a power > > load on the engine (accellerating). Any ideas what this can > be? > > Thank you. > > > > -- > > It very much sounds like a ujoint. since you say they are good > try rotating > the tires front to rear and see if it changes things. > generally a bent shaft > will get worse the faster you drive. If you have a tire shop > rotate them for > you have them look for separation of a tire and balance them. > If it is a > rear tire problem you will feel it in the front after the > rotation (if the > balance didn't fix it) The reason I think you might only feel > it under accel > if its a tire in the rear is because under load the driveshaft > will transfer > the vibration "more" into the shaft, trans, engine, > body....and you will be > able to feel it more. If it vibrates in the front after the > rotation and > after a balance then you most likely have a separated tire. > Another symptom > of a separated front tire is a pull to one side or the other > after your > rotation. good luck.
This is really good information... thank you for taking the time. However, I just put four new tires on it two weeks ago. I had them balance the tires twice.
βœ–

NOW you tell me... :) I would take a good look at the drive shaft for any damage and look real close at the trans mount too. Also look at the wheels for any damage.
Add pictures here
βœ–