1994 Taurus turn signal & falsher not working

Hello...

My 1994 Ford Taurus GL, 3.0L, has turn signal (and emergency flasher) not working.

The blackup lights, and everything else associated with the turn signal and emerg. flasher fuses, work -- so it's not the fuses.

How do I repair/replace whatever part is down?

Thanks. SS

SS wrote:

What happens when you put the flashers or turn signal on? No light at all or just no flash? Did you replace the flasher? Could be a bad multifunction switch in the steering column. Any other electrical problems or recent work done on the car?

Bob

-

When I put either the turn signal or the emerg. flasher on, I get nothing. No light at all.

Have experienced no other electrical problems recently -- but a few days ago, I noticed that the turn signla was blinking much faster than usual.

SS wrote:

What to the brake lights and running lights do?

Bob

-

Is the button for the emerg flashers on the top of the column on a 94? If so spray some WD40 down inside/around the flasher button and work it on and off about 50 times to clean it.

Two responses to suggestions/questions:

(1) The running lights and brake ligths work as well as the back-up lights..

(2) I put WD40 into the flasher button area -- which is on the column -- now the flasher works -- but, so far the turn signals still don't.

Should I try some more WD40?

SSS

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:01:39 GMT, "Shoe Salesman"

Yes, work the crap out of the switch too.

Should I also work the turn signal too?

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:39:02 GMT, "Shoe Salesman"

Shoe Salesman wrote:

-

Sorry Bob but I only speak from experiance on this one. I have fixed aprox 50 or more CVs and Tauruses this way. Those multifunction switches arent cheap and the wd40 trick will work about 90% of the time. I think the problem is a combination of dirt and old dryed up grease that causes the problem.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Shoe Salesman! It worked!

SS

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:04:55 GMT, "Shoe Salesman"