1994 XR7 Electronic Transmission Prob

For 2 years my 1994 XR7 V/8 has been jumping out of OD momentarily and revving in neutral. I know this problem has been reported but I've seen no solution. I have done a search on this forum.
The oil has been changed twice with the proper fluid. The only thing that makes it happen less often is shutting the car off for 10 minutes and then driving. Makes it hard to diagnose at a shop when this happens.
The vehicle only has 50k on it and sits for long periods of time. The last guy that looked at it said that the seals were dry and he'd rebuild the whole transmission, not a great answer.
Does anyone, or has anyone EVER fixed this problem? I'm totally lost! I've heard range sensor, accumulator and Vacuum Sensor. Nobody seems to have ever fixed one though.
Can ayone help an old man out
-- John