1995 Contour eadiator fan pinout

A quick one...
I've got 3 connectors on my fan (single model), I've figured the black one is the ground.
Hooking up the ground (pin 1) and pin 3, the fan spins. (hooked up to the
battery)
I was wondering what the other one was, as it doesn't spin at all when applying power to it (the middle one)
Would it be a different speed?
Problem is, the fan won't spin at all, thus the car is overheating badly, I just want to hook it up to a relay so it runs whenever the engine is running...
Doesn't say anything in the Haynes manual... (Haynes shows only two connectors)
--

(\_ _/)
Not familiar with the system (I'm a SuperDuty guy) but the word "shunt" comes to mind.... hooking up the two wires that you know make the fan work (in the proper polarity), add 12 volts to the third wire and you should see the fan speed change.

El Bandito wrote:

It is probably a tach output.
snipped-for-privacy@videotron.ca says...

You may want to check the forums at www.contour.org.